A family of brewers built Quebec Hall, or Quebec Castle, as it was once known, in 1759.Quebec Hall building Quebec Hall building
It is of interest that, during the first half of the 19th century, the hall was occupied by W.W. Lee-Warner, the "local magistrate and squire". His memorial in the church is an apt description of the attention afforded the residents by the current staff of the Hall, "his noble, generous nature ever keenly alive to the wants of his fellow creatures that he relieved with no sparing hand".
Quebec Hall building
Quebec Hall became a Christian Home for retired Christians when in May 1960 the Hall was officially opened by Lt. General Sir William Dobbie (of Malta GC).Quebec Hall building
It was our privilege to have Lt. General Sir William Dobbie's grandson to speak at our Summer 2010 Open Day. Brigadier Dobbie helped Quebec Hall celebrate its 50th anniversary.